UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Saturday, December 24, 2005

The Eve's Activities

I can't say Christmas has sneaked up on me. In fact, me and the wifey saw it coming. And yet we had to do our pressie-buying only today. Been helluva busy lah the both of us. Anyway, Mission Accomplished!, albeit after 4 hours of hopping from one shop to another and elbowing our way thru' the hordes. Phew!

And so now, as Diana Krall is crooning Chet's Nuts on the Bose, I am taking a break from wrapping all those darn gifts. Actually my job is to cut scotch-tape for the wifey as she wraps all 14 pressies. I am the not-so-little Santa elf in my singlet and boxers :))

Before shopping today, we managed to squeeze in a fantastic Dim Sum lunch with a couple of friends at Wah Lok. (Well Russ, i hope u had your fill of Buns and Dumplings cos you're gonna have Rosti and Sausages for the next 2 weeks in Europe!) I also had a much needed Long Black at the Thos SB cafe at Swissotel.

After all the pushing and shoving, we also managed to catch Chen Kaige's The Promise in the evening. Actually it was a toss-up between this and CS Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia. In the end, the very delectable Cecilia Cheung and the lush Chinese cinematography won over a couple of angmo kids, a talking lion and a white bitch..err..witch :)) And all thru' the movie, my blardy handphone was vibrating non-stop with sms-es carrying compliments of the yuletide season. I think most people were rushing to send their greetings before the networks clog up at midnite.

Anyway, we're both deadbeat. We started off wanting to keep today nice and relaxed since we have 3 parties and a wedding luncheon to attend tommorrow! Should have known better.

Wadever, this elf is being summoned....4 more pressies to go...back to my scotch-tape...;))

2 Comments:

Blogger princesslonglegs said...

film review for The promise please! i hope to catch it when Mr Busy is less busy

2:31 PM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

Done! my sayang :))

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home