UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

'Angels' In The City Of Angels Part I

Thank heavens for complimentary Broad-band WIFI.

Even if it means trudging down to the business centre in my shorts and singlet and plomping myself down on a plush comfy sofa next to a electrical powerpoint wif Maroon 5's This Love in thick Thai-accented tones blaring from a lounge band on the Mezzanine floor. I think I will just shrivel up and die if you cut me off the Internet, my important portal to the big bad world =)) Anyway I'm back, so much for disappearing for the week =P

And today I learnt that...

...Thai pilots desperately need to go back to Flying Skool. Captain Vichai Som-whathisname-poon made me sick all the way from Changi to Don Muang with his terrible piloting. Tilting, yawing, bending, Shuttle Atlantis ascents, roller-coaster descents, you name it, he did it. The poor PRC SYT next to me was turning green. And I hope he doesn't dare blame it on turbulence. I'll give him some turbulence in the nether regions of my own >(

...Don Muang, that perpetual '70s relic of an airport (and reportedly built in the '20s gosh!), needs to be demolished pronto. Reputedly SE Asia's busiest, it was dank and dilapidated when I last saw it in 2003, and just as dank and dilipidated when I stepped, or rather, staggered off the aeroplane today. My colleagues waited for an eternity for their bags at the carousel, only to discover 20mins later, that their luggage had been taken off the merry-go-round and placed nicely in an inconspicuous corner of the baggage-claim area by some dimwit. The much-delayed but spanking-new Suvarnabhumi (repeat after me, Soo-Wanna-Boom not Boo-mi) Terminal should be up and running by year's end. And every passenger should pay for a thanksgiving dance to be performed at the Erawan Shrine on Ratchaprasong Junction when that happens.

...some people cannot do simple Math. Dashed into a cafe next to the hotel for a quick Shrimp Fried Rice and Tangerine Juice before an official dinner (ok I wuz damn hungry!). I handed the waiter 500Baht for a 220Baht bill. And so when I got back only 220Baht as change, I marched right up to the cashier to politely claim my missing 60Baht. And it took me an agonizing 15mins to convince the former Padi fields farmer-girl cum buffalo-herdess turned Cash-till 'extraordinaire' that 500 minus 220 equals 280. Needless to say I was late for dinner.

More 'adventures' tommorrow! =))

4 Comments:

Blogger kona said...

so damn drama one leh u...hehe... =P

9:28 AM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

=P

11:17 AM  
Blogger princesslonglegs said...

tsk! so bitchy!! :))

3:05 PM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

1st day u noe me ah?

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home