UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Musical Chairs

Putting my thoughts here early tonite cos I have to be in office by 0630 tommorrow. Shit!

Its the start of the annual Ranking Exercise where the whole 'herd' of officers are numbered 1 -1000 according to their performance at work. And the 4 of us middle managers have to sit down with the boss to make sure that the plankton reporting directly to us don't lose out to their peers in the mad jostle for higher slots on the master list. Which by the way is of oceanic proportions.

No mean feat, considering each of us have in excess of 200 men. And if you count the Administrative staff as well, the number swells to just under a thousand when you put everybody together. A bloody auction of NYSE proportions! =))

Its going to be a test of our objectivity and sense of fairness, I hope. A time to separate the sheep from the goats, and to sieve out the sly little foxes who only work when the boss is watching or wet your boots with all that licking. Of course if you're a pretty face and leave an impression, perhaps that will give you that teeny-weeny bit more leverage over your hardworking but fuglier colleague. Cest la Vie lah I say, male bosses are shallow =)) Ok kidding!

There are quotas of grades to meet, written justifications of promotions to be submitted and a brutal no-holds-barred assessment of ability that is expected. We will perhaps just break for breakfast, lunch and dinner plus a quick dash to the toilet. But the whole exercise is expected to continue into the night and spill over to a second day I am sure.

Aiyoh!

For the sake of my guys, wish me luck. When the music stops, I hope some of them don't find themselves stranded in no man's land =))

3 Comments:

Blogger kona said...

shack day bro...good luck

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dun let the boot lickers get the promotion if they dun deserve it k, there must be justice! :X

11:20 PM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

All I can say is PHEW!!!

And I managed to wiggle my way into quite a few choice slots for my guys. Top of the heap for a couple of them somemore. Hope they will repay me wif gd results =)

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home