UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Unkers@TheMovies - Click

Don't let his seemingly quiet demeanour fool you, this fella is opinionated, albeit in a gentle, sensitive kinda way. The quintessential SNAG, today Dennis blogs about another of his many movie-junkie pursuits. And in typical SNAG-style, the emotional lessons he takes away from that brief sojourn in the cinema, translates to some good stuff to ponder in real life...

*************************************

When I was first told by muffadoodoo that I was up for a guest blog, I felt a little tingle go up my spine. Well think about it. A Chinese-speaking boy, who scored only C6s in English all through his exams, blogging in here with such smashingly 'powderful' angmo. It's like Jackie Chan in Hollywood! But on second thoughts, its my honour that he even asked. So I here I am.

I had to think of a topic I could write on. I think I found one after catching the movie, CLICK. Yes, it stars Adam Sandler, of all people to inspire me! =))



See that remote control he is holding? Such a powerful little thing cos its called the Universal Remote. As its name suggests, it controls the universe. Blimey! and its one heck of a TV Remote cos it allows him to fast-forward and rewind to different parts of his life. With just one click. And with all that power in his finger-tips, he begins abusing it.

Sandler plays Michael Newman, an up and coming architect who works non-stop and always in the pursuit of promotion and success. On the pretext of providing for his family, he so often disappoints them by postponing and missing family occasions. He even finds dinner with the family to be a waste of his time. So finding this perfect remote was a god-send. He fast-fowards his life every time he encounters any problems. He skips boring chapters to bask in the glory ones. Thing is, he quickly becomes myopic, focusing only on success and promotion. Every time he fastforwards his life, he goes on auto mode and ignores all other factors in his life. His relationship with his kids, his wife and his parents. His family.

When he eventually comes to his senses after all that clicking, he is already divorced. His wife has remarried. His kids have all grown up. His father has moved on. And when all this eventually sinks in from his mind to his heart, Newman knows he has wasted his life. What's worse, he realises that he was not even by his father's side when the latter passed away, even ranting at the old man the last time they met. I tell you that scene was so heart wrenching, I felt that niagara falls was about to pour straight out of my eyes. But of course, I managed to hold it back.

Good movie this one. Try to catch it.

I have moved out from home for about half a year now and have already gotten used to it. Yes I enjoyed the freedom and everything else but I really do miss my family a lot. I wasn't called a Mummy's Boy for nothing. Nothing to be ashamed of. She pampers me but I ain't a spoilt-brat. I have tried hard to go back for dinner as much as I can though I know I should and could be doing better. Really miss 'the guys' back home.

Well a take-away from this movie for me is to cherish our families and make the best of the time we have. Sometimes we can be so blind in our pursuit of our goals, we tend to ignore other parts of our lives. Ocassionally, do take some time off to hang out with the old folks. Life is fragile, we do not know who will go next. Don't wait till it's too late to do something. So often we procrastinate and regret when something happens.

So many things can be achieved but once time passes by, there is no turning back. So make the best use out of the time we have in our hands. Live a life without regret even if you leave the next day.

I think its time to go home again for dinner. And also time for some of us to do coffee/supper soon. It's been helluva looonnnggg time. Mai tu liao.

Alright Unker-in-waiting Dennis signing off..:))

ONE LIFE LIVE IT !

7 Comments:

Blogger kona said...

*clap clap clap*

when we're young, all of us invariably cannot wait to have our wings strong enuff to leave the nest and fly free...

it's when that's done that we realise that how much we have taken for granted when we're still staying at our folks...the dinner that's awaiting us when we get home from a long day at work, the clothes that get washed and ironed magically, the quality time that we spend with our loved ones that improves on the bonding and the family ties...

pros and cons, i guess...

12:08 PM  
Blogger Righteous Bubba said...

I just hit "Next Blog" and a shitty song started playing. You guys should ask before you abuse someone's speakers.

12:20 PM  
Blogger princesslonglegs said...

denden moved out ah? so lomantik n metro! hehe

1:53 PM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

mebbe we should play some Righteous Brothers for u bubba? chill k, JLH ain't dat bad if u imagine her singing, not hearing her do it =))

denden! aiyoh jo =)) u too much renren liao

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my love ... my darling hahaha
denden...my god...sound soo mushy

2:04 PM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

DenDen the MarshyBoy. Befitting! =))

3:59 PM  
Blogger kona said...

i.e stay puff marshmallow boy?

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home