UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Unkers@TheMovies - Closer

I just finished watching 2004's Closer on DVD. Yes I know I'm slow. Apart from Clive Owen and Julia Roberts, who both put in stellar performances, it had my two favorite actors in it, the very suave handsome Dunhill ambassador Jude Law and my Articulate Androgynous Amidala, Natalie Portman. Plus I simply love Damien Rice's soulfully melancholic rendition of The Blower's Daughter which is used in both the opening and ending credits.



If I had to summarise the show in 3 words, it would be Emotional Love Quadrangle. Oversimplification but I think it would suffice for this early Thursday morning when I have to be up for work in 4.5 hours.

In a scene from the show, Jude tells Julia, Try lying for a change, its the currency of the world.

And it struck me why sometimes, I am emotionally poor.

Sigh..the lessons I pick up from a show where Natalie is half naked most of the time...

7.8/10

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i didn't really get the point of this movie.

10:35 PM  
Blogger kona said...

have the dvd @ home but yet to watch...

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home