UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Wanna Die?

Forgive me as I try to review a movie I have watched 6 years too late.

Even more so, when I am a little tipsy from a 6-pack of beer. Although I am seriously contemplating driving out to get myself some Shochu. In the spirit of this fantastic 2001 Korean love story I suppose.



I won't give you a lengthy discourse on its merits though. Suffice to say that three things became apparent to me as I oogled the lovely, and I mean lovely, Jun Ji-Hyun strut her sassy (some say bizarre) stuff that made the world fall in love with her. For those of you who have caught the movie way before me, you will perhaps have an inkling of what I mean.

Firstly, you can never get rid of memories of a lost love. Closure sometimes eludes you forever. Often, looking for and finding the traits of that lost love in another person is, in equal parts, both blissful and bitter. It takes courage to walk away and reflect. And the concept of fate in reel life always supercedes our expectations in real life. If only destiny were that conveniently fulfilled and glossed over.

In the movie, the words 'Wanna Die?' when mutterd by that Sassy Girl to her cute boyfriend actually bizzarely means 'I Love You'. Such poignant hilarity (for lack of a better oxymoron) shows us how sometimes, we all hide behind our fiesty facades of violent contentment.

Why, I don't know.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home