UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Friday, November 11, 2005

The Feng Shui Man Said: A Short Story (Chp 2)

The following story is fictional, or not. The characters depicted in the story are also fictional, or not. The events described in the story did happen, or maybe they didn't... I will write it over a period of time... you decide if its true or not..

Click for Chapter 1

The Feng Shui Man Said

Chapter 2: The Feng Shui Master


The Feng Shui master, a man of about fifty, was pacing up and down in his office, stopping occasionally to watch the magnificent Red Dragon swimming in the large aquarium which lined the entire back wall of the room. He returned to the desk that separated us and picked up the slip of paper I had filled out and scrutinized it carefully, running his right index finger to and fro, slowly and deliberately. It was almost as if he was purposely looking for spelling or grammatical errors. I noticed that his fingers were short and stubby, quite the opposite of the man himself, who was tall and well built. Only the skin folds under his chin and lines on his face indicated his age. Eventually, he looked up and stared directly at me.

"Why do you want me to analyze your kua numbers?", he said as he opened a drawer and took out a writing pad.

I didn't expect the question. I assumed the others had already discussed this with him.

"My business partners think it's a good idea," I said tentatively. "I thought they had already been here to see you".

The Feng Shui master sat down at his desk, punched some buttons on his telephone and picked up the receiver. He said something in a Chinese dialect I did not understand. He placed the receiver back down, looked up and said,

"What kind of business are you in?" he asked.

"Well, that's why we are taking turns to see you" I said. "If we can figure out what are the types of businesses to avoid or invest in, we can find some common areas and start something".

"Please wait outside", he said.

As I sat down in the reception area I noticed how pretty the girl behind the counter was. She had long black hair, which she tied into a pair of pony-tails. She twiddled with them as she went about her duties. Almost an hour later, her telephone beeped. She picked it up and then motioned for me to go back in. I'm almost certain she licked her lips and winked at me as I walked pass her. Or maybe that was just my imagination running wild.

"Here!", he said as he pushed a folded piece of pink paper across the table to me. "This is my analysis of your numbers in relation to business and general items like household design or placement of household items. Follow this to the letter and your business will take off."

I resisted the urge to read it there and then, and put it in my shirt pocket. As I stood up to leave, he reached across and grabbed me by the wrist of my left hand.

"Please...sit. I have something else to tell you".

I was baffled by his sudden gesture. As I sat down, the Feng Shui master leaned back and took off his glasses, wiped them vigorously and put them back on again. He had a strange look on his face, a cross between concern and deep thought.

"I decided to do a personal life assessment for you because I sensed you have some issues you need help understanding. Are you struggling with a personal issue right now?"

Taken aback I nodded slowly. Before I opened my mouth to speak, he gestured with his index finger for me not to say anything.

"I will tell you three things and I will not answer any questions. That is my condition. Do you agree?"

I nodded again.

"First, your quest for forbidden love can only commence with the death of another"

"Second, stay off the ice!"

"Third, you will find true love and lifelong happiness in similar circumstances as when you first chanced upon your false happiness"


Chapter 3

3 Comments:

Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

sheesh false happiness..now dats food for thot

1:24 PM  
Blogger princesslonglegs said...

gosh, u're made for this man... u write well... and i love the subtle hints of reality here n there... ;P

5:08 PM  
Blogger unkster said...

thanks jo... stay tuned for chapter 3... i promise it will be juicy and steamy....

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home