UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Monday, March 13, 2006

Night Bird

I used to be an owl.

My best mugging hours were from 2300hrs to 0500hrs the next day. I used to club till 3 on weekends and wake up at mid-day. I could yak on the phone with my girlfriend till we would both fall asleep on each other before daybreak. Me and my bestfriend would have wanton mee at 4am and then wake up for 'luncher' at 4pm.

Then when I got married, I became a morning Lark (For the ornithologically dis-inclined, a Lark is a bird k =P). Fine, my eyes didn't exactly pop open at 0600 every morning but still, it was a big change. I actually felt sleepy by about midnite.

Well the innate night-bird in me is slowly surfacing again. I'm not out partying till the wee hours but I find myself so awake even at 4 in the morning, only to wake up at mid-day. When I used to be a little stoned doing the graveyard shift at work, I now call for meetings at 2 in the morning, much to the chagrin and quiet despair of my officers :)) Even after a night out clubbing, I come home, put on some jazz on the Bose and chill with a hot cuppa. Alone with my thoughts, on the Net or jamming with Denise on MTV, I'm contented when having a fag in the balcony, to see the lights in the other apartments go off one by one.

I'm re-discovering the peaceful seduction (ok oxymoron!) of dusk all over again.

Is this a new-found freedom I am enjoying? Or is this just a brief Transylvannic sojourn? Maybe I'm just too afraid to go to sleep alone. I don't know.

Will find out soon enough...

12 Comments:

Blogger kona said...

go to sleep, apeboi...geez... :P

8:26 AM  
Blogger princesslonglegs said...

good la... den 5 am u can go to the community centre and do qigong with the ah-mmms n ah-peks :)) u noe hor, they say old people dun slp that much leh... o wait, doesnt that mean... :x

wahahahhahaha *siam ah*

8:53 AM  
Blogger kona said...

*lightbulb goes on* :))

10:45 AM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

slept at 5! i can do qigong but not wif the sword wan. i'll poke someone =))

juz woke up cos opit called. dammit

11:23 AM  
Blogger kona said...

hahaha....you poke with something else, right? :P

11:31 AM  
Blogger princesslonglegs said...

u're obviously dearly missed in opit hehe

4:18 PM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

opit only calls when there is bad news or when boss wans to scold me

5:27 PM  
Blogger kona said...

hahaha....tonight i call you @ 4am and ask you go pang jio :))

6:11 PM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

at 4am these days, i'll probably still be UP =))

6:28 PM  
Blogger kona said...

which head? ;)

6:33 PM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

erm...both? =))

2:18 AM  
Blogger kona said...

that's quite bad actually....been kapo-ing redbull from rj ah? :P

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home