UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Packing, Moving and Saying Goodbye...

Just signed the Letter of Intent for my rented 2-bedder apartment today. Needless to say, the usual excitement and anticipation of moving into a new home was glaringly missing. I took a good 5 mins to pen my signature. Oh well :/

K and me then popped over to the apartment for a look-see. I wanted to tell my new landlady A, who incidentally is a single mum and recent divorcee (a cruel twist of coincidence!), what I wanted moved out and what I wanted retained for my use. Basically, everything in the kitchen I needed - washing machine, dryer, fridge plus her vacuum cleaner. Everything in the living room and bedrooms she could ship out. I have my own stuff. A was super accomodating, bless her heart.

My agent R also met K for the first time today and we all had an 'awkward' moment. I introduced K as my missus and he asked "err..new one ah?". Me and K didn't know whether to laugh or cry. R then sheepishly remarked how K and me belonged to the minute 1% minority of separated couples who were still on such good terms. We still didn't know whether to laugh or cry. He then changed topic. Later at A's apartment, she sort of expressed the same surprise. Oh well :/

Over the next few weeks, K and me will have to go through the painful task of packing our stuff separately. Actually she'll be moving out by next Sunday. Which leaves me with a half-empty 4-bedder apartment, devoid of a washing machine, dryer, fridge, microwave oven, vacuum cleaner, half the utensils, pots/pans and most importantly, a soulmate of 10-years. I'll only be moving out at the end of the month cos A has yet to find a new place.

I am so not looking forward to Sunday. I hope to be at work. I wish.

I know I shouldn't have brought K along to A's apartment. But I wanted her opinion and for her to see where I would be staying from now on. I now understand why she didn't ask me along to see hers. Cos we both walked out of the place today feeling like shit. Excuse me, but that is what it was.

Will end here. Because I haven't cried before while blogging...

12 Comments:

Blogger unkster said...

for what its worth u can come use our washer and dryer and borrow the vac if you want

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

take heart, unker D! know it's hard but hope u'll start feeling better in no time..... ;)

9:04 PM  
Blogger ePing Chen said...

bro, u know the number to ring anytime u need an extra hand or a dinner/supper mate. 24/7 open one. *lol*
cheers.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Russell said...

24/7 open...doesn't sound right.. anyway muff your friends are here for u.. be strong.. :)

12:22 AM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

thks guys. not my intention to sound pathetic altho i do. bitter pill, bitter pill

3:32 AM  
Blogger kona said...

call me if you need anything, brah...not bras though :P

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

take care of urself ya dude....

9:39 AM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

:/

4:08 PM  
Blogger princesslonglegs said...

give it some time, when all the dust settled, u wil realise where ur treasure is

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:13 PM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

lez, i dun use a nick in here for nothing. thks for ur kind words tho' =)

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry........

les

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home