UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Monday, April 24, 2006

The ABS-ing French Bitch

It was a wet and slippery day on the roads this evening.

And here I was cruising at about 80km/h behind a cab on the Ayer Rajah Expressway, deep in thought and humming away to the tune on the radio when the taxi decided it would skid, swerve and come to a 90 degree stop right infront of me.

I pee-ed in my pants. And stomped on the brakes. Caught a split-second glimpse of the white-faced passengers in the backseat with my oncoming 'juggernaut' of a Renault fast approaching their left door.

The ABS kicked it instantly and I felt the brake pedal shudder and pulsate. Thankfully, the car didn't slip and slide one bit and I was able to glance quickly at my left wing mirror before making a sharp dive into the left lane, missing the front of the taxi by a toenail.

If not for the fact that I wasn't speeding, not really tail-gating, only dreaming abit and for this wonderful invention they call the Anti-lock Brake System, I would have ploughed right into the taxi. I don't think the Japanese tin-can would have stood a chance against a Gallic soup-pot. Plus his left side would have been virtually vulnerably exposed.

Thank God for a NCAP 5-Star safety rating. I shouldn't be calling you a bitch anymore darling Ren Ren and I promise you I won't be oogling that Italian Stallion liao =))

I may be laughing now but I was still shaking when I picked J for dinner =S

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe for now ;p soon u be back oogling tat italian babe...

8:54 AM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

sssh, let ren ren bask in his glory for saving my life juz abit more =))

9:19 AM  
Blogger unkster said...

so... did the abs light warning come on after dat and irritate the hell out of you? i guess not... LOL.

btw... whats the address of the unker who sold you the makrims ah?

9:21 AM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

Lucky no, such an anti-CLIMAX =))

Shell Station along AMK Ave 8 next to the church. I tink its called the Sports Rim Centre.

9:33 AM  
Blogger kona said...

hahaha........similar experience wor.....fun hor??? NOT!!!

i was shaking like a leaf too...legs went a bit the weak...

time for a AP racing 4-pot upgrade...muahahahahaha ;)

11:09 AM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

simi AP-Racing lah. Renault stock oredi veli gd for me =)) *swoon*

2:11 PM  
Blogger kona said...

if AP ah, you will stop on a dime and not miss by just a fingernail leh...but ah, your face might just be nicely plastered against your windscreen...heehee :))

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! thank God that u didn't plough into the cab!!!

8:22 PM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

i can't begin to tell u wat a close shave it wuz. still shuddering

11:21 PM  
Blogger princesslonglegs said...

any revelations after the near-death experience? :p

1:02 AM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

yes, ren ren is telling me something about my 'infidelity' =))

1:11 AM  
Blogger kona said...

pray enlighten ;)

8:04 AM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

i.e dun u look at other cars b4 my warranty is up =))

3:09 PM  
Blogger kona said...

hahahahahahaha.....LMFAO!!! :))

3:33 PM  
Blogger princesslonglegs said...

kudos for ren ren n conti car technology! teach the unfaithful bugger a lesson he'd nvr forget!!!

11:24 PM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

when i look at the next ah pek or auntie in a MeganeII, swear to you the lesson will be forgotten quickly =))

3:10 AM  
Blogger kona said...

u becoming senile ah... :))

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home