UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Friday, April 14, 2006

Good Friday

I suppose today is a good friday for different reasons to different people.

For some, its a day to remember Christ's ultimate sacrifice on the Cross at Calvary. For me, its a welcomed break from a really hectic week.

But I remember faithfully going to church every Good Friday when I was young, up till say when I was 18. When the sermon would be sad and solemn. And then waking up all bleary-eyed at 5 on Easter Sunday morning for the sunrise service usually held at a local reservoir park. When the sermon would be really joyful and full of hope.

On the Saturday in between, we'll all be in limbo. But it was a good time to start taking out the eggs (both calcium-shelled and cadbury) and poster-paint I reckon. Sort of a secular reprieve from the holiness of it all =))

Whatever reason, enjoy the wet day, what's left of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home