UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

'Angels' In The City Of Angels Part II

Its funny what people doodle on their notepads during meetings.

During afternoon coffee-break today, I went around the conference table when everybody was out taking a smoke or having their Java infusion, to take a look at the things they drew while the speaker was yakking away. I had noticed that most of the delegates were busy 'writing' while I was trying my level best not to fall asleep. And since there was nothing much to take down in such earnesty, I figured they were either scrawling nonsense or sketching rubbish.

I was right.

You know some people believe what you doodle says alot about you and your sub-consciousness. Do you find youself doodling the same kinda stuff when you are bored while the boss is delivering his 78th Powerpoint slide and 37th Pie Chart/Bar Graph/Statistical Diagram? Well I do.

Today I saw the ubiquitous squares, flowers, crosses, funny faces, stars, flags, stickmen and houses. Someone even tried to do a self-portrait because I swear the doodle looked amazingly like his own caricature =)) And then there was another girl who had a plump juicy heart with like a gazillion arrows poking through. Scary! =))

For me, I find myself drawing 3-dimensional boxes alot. That's suppose to mean that I have an ordered mind and love routine in life =P Quite true I must say.

What do you like to doodle? Tell me and let me try to interprete your 'art' =))

**************************

Oh yah incase your're wondering why I'm up so late, just came back from a Transvestite Cabaret show with my new-found international kakis where the lead Ladyboy, cross my heart, looked like Christy Chung, curves and all =))

Going to order a room-service burger now cos dinner on the catamaran made me sick.

Its a 0630 breakfast day later, shit!

10 Comments:

Blogger kona said...

i draw funny faces of myself =))

9:41 AM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

Taken frm a webby on interpreting doodles...

Interpretation partly depends on whether the face represents the self or someone else. The simple face is a motif from early childhood, with a genuine 'smiley' suggesting a happy-go-lucky nature. Beautiful faces are often drawn by girls, some analysts suggesting that these are idealised self-portraits. A beautiful face can also indicate a sociable 'people person'. Conversely, an ugly face can show a dislike of people and a bad temper.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Russell said...

i draw 3D boxes too! *shock*

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i write poems leh ... ;)

1:22 PM  
Blogger unkster said...

so.. kona... you draw realistic self portraits in other words... HAHAHAHAHA

hmmm.... what do i doodle... lines.. i just draw lines and shapes and shade them

1:40 PM  
Blogger kona said...

i so knew that was coming...chow turtle rich! =P

simple funny faces with tongues sticking out then...so what's the intepretation? that i like licking? hahahaha...

2:13 PM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

Den, poems? no wunder u ladies' man =)) so if u like someone across the mtg table, u noe wat to do hor =P

Russ, brudder lah =)) we dun just like routine hor =P

And Curls,

Line-weight : Light lines indicate sensitivity, or a tentative nature - the artist worries about making errors. Medium weight lines suggest a balanced, confident personality. Heavy marks can indicate resolve, strength, and energy. Agression produces overly heavy lines, and the paper may be impressed or torn. Varied lines can indicate instability. Lineweight may also be used, especially in a pencil doodle, to create shading effects, which may have meaning in the context of the image, but not in themselves.

Repeated Lines and Patterns: Repetition is a common feature of doodles that suggests a methodical, patient approach to tasks. Repetition also increases the significance of a particular motif.

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like to write my name. does that make me a narcissist? LOL.

10:11 PM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

Narcissist? Hmmm. dats a brand of preserved pig trotters no? =))

2:25 AM  
Blogger kona said...

haha :P

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home