UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Cleanliness Is Next To Godliness

You know since I moved into my new apartment 3 months ago, I've been struggling with the household chores myself.

Well we used to have a part-time housekeeper, a stocky little lady in her fifties, who came to our previous place once a week to do the needful. But since I now live on my own, I figured I would TRY to do the vacuuming, mopping, wiping, laundering, ironing and toilet-cleaning myself.

Who am I kidding? =))

Last week's saucepan is still in the sink, plus a little batallion of wine glasses and cups. There are a couple of dustballs rolling around the living room with the draft from the window. I have run out of T-shirts (and believe you me I have tonnes) because there is a Mt Kilimanjaro of un-ironed clothes piled up in my dressing room. And I won't begin to describe the state of un-loo-lessness my toilets are in =P

This is turning into one heck of a filthy pad.

So last week, I swallowed my pride, picked up that handphone, and dialled the number of my Conjuror of Chores. My Matrony Messiah of The Mess. Auntie G. And she agreed to pluck me out from the depths of dirt and despair.

Salvation starts later today while I am out at work.

Thank God!!! =))

15 Comments:

Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

after the swallowing, put ur feet up and enjoy goldie =))

1:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can totally und how u feel. damn difficult to find the time and effort to do the chores man. so far can only manage the laundry and the occasional wiping here and there. Argh who invented dust !!!

8:47 AM  
Blogger kona said...

muff, i feel for you....i face the same thing each saturday...i dread it with a capital D...

think i need a part-time auntie too =(

8:53 AM  
Blogger princesslonglegs said...

:/

i tink next time my hse will only have disposable cutlery... drink wine from paper cups... wahhahaha

9:07 AM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

i also have a bad habot of stuffing things into the storeroom and cupboards. so while the aprt looks Zen, the storage rooms look like a Pen (pig's) =))

9:15 AM  
Blogger kona said...

open up the door and the dam breaks...LOL...

man, i hate cleaning up......i honest to goodness do....

sigh...

11:11 AM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

if u spend as much time wif the vacuum cleaner as u do in the toilet, the hse wld be better for it =))

1:24 PM  
Blogger kona said...

hahaha...if you spent less time blogging, you might actually be able to see your floor under all that dust :P

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm a neat freak. :P

9:59 PM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

really sammy? wait till u get ur own place. we will see =))

11:38 PM  
Blogger kona said...

i WAS a neat freak, sammyboy....trust me...it deteriorates reaaaalllly quickly =P

8:10 AM  
Blogger princesslonglegs said...

i'm not a neat freak, does that mean my future hse wil b... *gulp*

8:51 AM  
Blogger kona said...

bomb go off, jo ;)

11:09 AM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

wtf bomb?

11:56 PM  
Blogger kona said...

bomb go off in the house, all messed up lah...duh :)

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home