UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The Single Nomad

Today I made the decision to move back to my humble little Government-built HDB flat after spending the last 2 years renting 2 consecutive private apartments to stay in. I presently live alone.

The decision was basically a financial one. Not that I am in any difficulty or anything but our sweet little single tenant got married and moved out today. And instead of going through the hassle of screening potential newcomers (we are super fussy about who gets to live in our house), I thought I would just move back in alone and save some rent money in the process.

But being the spendthrift that I am, I don't think the 'savings' would translate into any substantial moolah in the bank =)) But I will try. Cross my heart.

Seriously, its not easy bleeding more than a thousand bucks a month on rent. Although I will miss the pool at my doorstep and the covered parking in the basement, I could do with the extra cash flow. Like the instalments on a new car for example. OK I didn't say that! =))

It felt good going back 'home' just now. The place looks just the way we left it. Spick and Span. The sweet little tenant did a good job maintaining it. All I need now is a new set of blinds, a dryer and I am good to go.

BUT, and that's a BIG BUTT, the thought of packing up and moving AGAIN, when I just did so barely 6 months ago, sickens me. Lucky a quarter of my stuff is still left unpacked. Had a feeling this would happen you see =))

Oh well. Until we feel ready enough to buy a private apartment of our own then.

Being a single nomad is not fun, Its always better to travel in twos.

3 Comments:

Blogger kona said...

need any help, call me ya? ;)

8:31 AM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

no nid lah. i becumming quite an expert on moving hse =))

5:22 PM  
Blogger kona said...

k lor...your call....just in case ;)

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home