UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Friday, September 01, 2006

Zippidy Doo Dah Day

I really should cut down on my smoking.

Its getting heavier by the day. Dunno why. Idle fingers mebbe. Stress mebbe. Nicotine addiction definitely.

OK its not as if I'm a chain-smoker. I do about a pack a day now. A far cry from say 6 months ago when I was averaging about 5-6 sticks every 24 hours. But I tell myself I am exercising regularly so, err, that about evens out this really bad habit. Abit lah =))

I used to have a self-imposed smoking ban in my own apartment (except in a little corner of the kitchen), but now I puff infront of the TV. I used to have a self-imposed smoking ban in my own car, but now I merrily puff away with the windows wound down, cruising along the highway to work.

In the office, my guys find it easier to talk to me when we light up together and huddle in our own little 'Yellow Box'. Its the Smokers' Bond you see. Regardless of Race, Language or Religion, we gravitate towards each other like the tar stains that stick to our teeth. Eeww! =))

But now I feel guilty about going out today and buying myself a new Olive-green Zippo lighter. I have about given up on all those cheapo Bic-types that you get for 80cts and then promptly chuck when they run out of flammable fluids. I have about 5 of these cheapo lighters in my car, yes FIVE. All in various stages of disrepair =P



I figgered that if you have to expedite your impending death from all those carcinogens, might as well do it with a little more style. Its not as if I haven't owned a Zippo before though. Had a classic matt-silver one which made a really nice Ka-ching when I flicked the flip-top. Can't find it now.

But Zippo or not, I really need to at least halve the puff-factor.

Anyone tried a Nicotine Patch? =))

15 Comments:

Blogger kona said...

smoke oso must haolian....piangz....bro, u ah, incorrigible LOL =))

9:05 AM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

Huh wat HL? u also better cut down ah.

10:32 AM  
Blogger princesslonglegs said...

*cough cough* *gag* smoking not v metro leh

10:35 AM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

but but but..i never aimed to be metro...if it cums, it cums =))

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea yea cut down .. i also need to cut down ...










my weight ! ;(

1:46 PM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

wif all dat salsa-ing and horizontal Mambo-ing Den u should b pretty svelt wor. ur not gyrating enuff? =))

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

somehow still not enuff leh ... argh !

5:45 PM  
Blogger kona said...

use more force, den LOL

fyi muff, less than 8 a day unless i go out with my friends... :P

5:46 PM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

less than 8 is gd. Still dunno how u manage to keep it frm L tho'. unless she is in denial =))

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stop smoking so much lah unksters...

11:18 PM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

hey teapot, when we go hv some kebabs and shisha? =)

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sat nites! :):) who's in??

11:34 AM  
Blogger kona said...

dis saturday night? ok, on....lemme know time and place and the usual...i can make it probably around 8 some...

11:51 AM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

dis sat? wah u all really fast ah. have to work at nite lah but if u guys r really serious, i can prob take some time off work and go abit later...

teapot, name time and place...bring partners ok.

1:52 AM  
Blogger kona said...

set a time that all are comfortable with lor...let's not get ahead of ourselves...

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home