UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Thursday, October 19, 2006

StyleFiles@Unkster - IWC, I Want but Cannot

Cannot afford that is.

Sigh!

The day before, had dinner wif an old chum and poor little rich girl A. And we got around to talking about watches. She happens to prefer wearing men's watches by the way. Tomboy that she is.

So A tells me she just attended a watch auction a couple of days ago. I went like, a what auction? Oh really? So atas ah? That's a change from your usual high-stakes poker game isn't it. And then I had to endure a 10 min lecture about my lousy TAG Heuer =)) Well she accompanied a friend. Who splurged like a 5-figure sum on a A. Lange & Sohne and a Breitling Chrono.

Ah, the lifestyles of the rich and not neccesarily famous.

What to do. Although I have graduated from Casios to Swatches to TAGs, my Vitamin M deficiency stops me from proceeding to the IWCs and Panerais. Not for the next 2-3 years at least =))

But I can still drool can't I?

Current saliva-wasting favs....


IWC Big Pilot Watch 2006


Panerai Radiomir, Black Seal

Seriously attainable workhorses...for now...


TAG Heuer Autavia


TAG Heuer Carrera Automatic Chrono

Can let me day-dream for awhile anot? Damn sian packing to move house lah!=))

6 Comments:

Blogger kona said...

brudder, the list price of the big pilot STEEL is 21k =S

and the black seal (depending on model run) starts off around 5+ IIRC...

8:12 AM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

so, the panarai will be within sights soon i gas =P

11:03 AM  
Blogger kona said...

good for you....gori with lotsa bananas...

i can't even afford the strap of the big pilot =(

1:42 PM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

say only lah. keke.

when when when can i walk into a shop and juz buy a Patek Philippe or audemars off the rack

3:43 PM  
Blogger kona said...

shit man, a pp or ap? damn, that's an easy mid 5 figures...i'd rather buy a car, serious...or better yet, turb maxine...doesn't make sense to me...

8:11 AM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

a real nice watch is..pardon the pun...timeless =))

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home