UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Good Bastard

You know there are Good Bastards and there are Bad Bastards.

Good Bastards you hate because they are slimy little conniving slugs with a scary lack of integrity. But yet they get the job done and its quite obvious they have the ability, sans the humility.

Bad Bastards are everything the Good Bastards are, up to the slimy little conniving slugs part. But they are hopeless, pathetic little no-lifers who think they know lots but can't tell a parrot from a carrot.

My boss is a Good Bastard.

And I count my blessings because, well, he could have been a Bad Bastard =)) Now that would really be terrible. Because I cannot bring myself to report to an abnormal mongoloid who thinks the world of himself. However, an intelligent, go-getting, conniving little integrity-less slug I can swallow..err..I mean stomach =))

Well recently, I have clawed my way back into the good books of the Good Bastard. And I am not ashamed to say, by a mixture of some really deft ego-pumping and just that right dose of Yes-Man-ship that would surely tickle the most Narcissistic of hearts.

Am I proud of it? Not really. But to a certain extent, I am happy I have not lost the touch to adapt to the changing demands of the different people who decide how many zeros go into my next performance bonus. What to do, its a big, bad, real world ya?

I will talk about a pet topic of mine, Bespoke Boot-licking, another time ok? In short, how much saliva to leave on the shoes of your boss and how to lick the different types of Manolo Blahniks correctly =))

Anyway, I am writing this because someone told me yesterday that I was becoming quite a Slave Driver these days.

And somehow, that makes me sad...

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can't have your cake and eat it too. you can't make everyone happy, so if you have to make only one person happy, that would be the boss, erm.. bastard.. erm... bad or good, doesn't matter.

6:40 AM  
Blogger kona said...

you can't make everyone happy...make THE ONE happy for your own sake...the rest, you will just have to manage best as you can...

8:46 AM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

yup. its more like how to make the boss really happy and make the rest of the monkeys not so unhappy =))

10:42 AM  
Blogger kona said...

remember hor, boss approves your paycheck/raise/whatever...you do the approving for the monkeys....i think =)

1:05 PM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

muz teach more monkeys how to lick my boots =)) now they keep stepping on them

1:20 AM  
Blogger kona said...

just get them to put polish on their tongues before LOL

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can just imagine u as a tyrannical busturd boss. :lol:

10:17 PM  
Blogger kona said...

no need to imagine LOL

12:41 PM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

actually peeper hv said i m temperamental. and yes, i can be very tyrannical if wan to =)) but usually i m a harmless puddykat

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home