UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Un-entitled

Tired.

Both physically and mentally. Physically exhausted because in the last 48 hours, I haven't slept for more than 3 hours at a stretch. And mentally, or should I say emotionally zapped, because I've spent the same 48 hours dealing with more than the usual staff issues. Not operational ones but individual, outside-of-work matters that have given me the opportunity to exercise, when I listen to them, 2 things I know I am not naturally blessed with - patience and compassion.

OK there's a third, impartiality.

Also helpless.

Because somehow, although nothing at work is insurmontable, I can't seem to get our own lives in order. By some cruel trick of fate (or un-divine intervention), more than one plan has stalled. Just when things seem to be taking on some sane semblance of stability.

Well if I had a choice, I would shave a couple of points off my Intelligence Quotient (not that I have lots to begin with anyway) and use them to up my Adversity Quotient.

That's what my Emotional Quotient is saying, looking at the people and events that are unfolding before me now...

Maybe we're just un-entitled. Go figger.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home