UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Kikou & Me

As if you didn't already know, got me-self a 'new' car yesterday.



And he's a beaut. At least I think so. Alittle loud of course, you could see him from a mile away. But somehow the kiiro hue accentuates his curves, the voluptuous wheel arches and the ooh so sexy derriere. Am I making him sound a trifle Tranny? =))

Speaking of tranny, err...I mean the transmission, yes, I put him into 6th gear instead of reverse when I tried to park him for the first time. That gave someone ALOT of amusement =)) But the 6-stick is such a creamily smooth bugger. So slick that 2 fingers is all it takes to shift the cogs.



Well the damn thing cost a cool 130K back then in 2004. So it does come with some standard creature comforts like a sunroof, electric seats (and warmers!!!), a cool in-dash sound system that glows red in the dark, 18" alloys and 238 horses under the bonnet. Not shabby at all =P But the swine drinks like a fish! Almost 6-7km to the litre =/







Giving up the Renault was a little sad. For all his French bitchiness, RenRen was a moving repository of memories. Some good ones, some sad ones. I suppose selling him was my way of saying goodbye to something that brought up the past.

And as I now peer over my kitchen window at the yellow sports car parked 12 storeys down below, those same memories tell me that beautifully sculpted metal can never take the place of someone special...

Empty but true.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home