UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Don't Forget The Big Shaggy Dog

Someone suggested to me the other day that I get another canine friend for company.

And please, she said, make sure its the size of at least 4 Nickies ok?



That's because 3 years ago, when I still used to walk Nicole our Cavalier King Charles Spaniel around our old estate, the Condo's security guards would take one look at me with this small pooch on a bright red leash and laugh at us. I mean it was not loud, mocking guffaws. More like incredulous giggles at the sight of the resident big-sized Ah Beng taking his little dainty princess for a stroll. Think Yao Ming with Tinkerbell. Get the picture?

For goodness sake get a Husky sir!, the guards would suggest (still giggling). Much better for your size lah, they would usually end off by saying. And perhaps alluding to the fact that I had the makings of a big, shaggy dog. No thanks lah, I would retort jokingly, I'm still happy with this little one. Promptly picking up daddy's pretty girl to plant 3 more kisses on her petite, mask-like mien. That invariably shut them up with a smile.

I miss both my dogs.

Sometimes I wonder if its more of a fear that one day, when I see them again, their love for me will not be unconditional anymore. And that they won't both come running to me like a couple of smelly, possessed furballs, licking every inch of my body in wild abandon. Perhaps Nicole will be too shy to scamper over. And I would have to bribe her to come with some cheese or maybe a durian.

The thought of being forgotten is painful and scary. More so when human beings are thrown into the mix.

But one thing's for sure, I am not ready for that big, shaggy dog yet.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home