UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Glad-Liver

When one starts to do whisky reviews, in addition to wine critiques, you know its the alcohol talking =))



I just opened my 2nd bottle of Single Malt scotch in a month, a Glenlivet 12. After having finished the Macallan 10 just 2 nights ago. And thanks to Sam who got it for me, duty free, I don't have to continue with the 2 bottles of crappy Jack Daniels and Chivas I have lying on my shelf. We'll save those for the Coke ya? =))

My mum will be heartbroken to know that I have fallen into the footsteps of my late father. A Whisky a day, keeps your Demons at bay =P

Anyway, some comments from Martine and Dave from Whisky Magazine (online)...

Martine Nouet

Nose : Floral and malty. Ivy. Sweet cereals. Fresh paint. Cedar. Polished floors. A touch of marzipan. Apples in puff pastry. Buttery.
Palate : Fresh and minty. Quite chewy. Spices emerge but not excessively so. A splash of water brings out flavours.
Finish : Satisfying, warm and spicy.
Comment : A pleasant any-time dram. Very refreshing.

Dave Broom

Nose : Lifted. Apple wood, heather, baked soft fruits mixed with cereal, citrus and pear. In time there’s notes of freshly-sawn wood, freesia and dried orange peel. Complex but light as well.
Palate : Light and fragrant. All the notes on the nose come through. Medium-bodied and gentle.
Finish : Dry and clean.
Comment : Right back on form. Is some more mature stock being blended in?

And I agree with Martine. A splash of mountain fresh Evian on the rocks to tickle the Hic-buds is mighty fine...=)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home