UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Attack Of The 3-Foot Monsters

You can run, but you cannot hide.

They're everywhere, in the mall, at the pool, on aeroplanes, all around you in cinemas, jostling for that last pathetic seat at Macdonalds, screaming, screeching, running amok all over the place.

God help us! The school holidays are upon us and the children are fur-a-reeee, free from the bondage of Teachers and Textbooks. To wreck havoc on Adult-kind as it were, at least for the next month or so.

I want to move to Timbuktoo.

The other day on the plane, this Sikh kid of about 6 was seated directly behind me, fidgeting like a monkey on Ecstacy. He kept kicking my seat despite me turning around to glare at him. And when he did it for the 7th time, I had to bite my tongue and restrain myself from strangling the boy with his own little turban. I stood up, put on my most frightening scrowl, hovered above him like some deranged gorilla and told his father, who was seated next to him, that he had better tie his son's legs to the chair. Yes, I know that Sikhs are big people, but I am not small myself =))

Then yesterday at the pool, a few young Ching-Chong Charlies hollering in Mandarin were practising diving. Every plunge was accompanied by a blood-curling screech that would make a female hyena giving birth to quadruplets blush. And the idiots were splashing water all over the place, in total disregard for some people, like moi, who were trying to have a peaceful and DRY afternoon reading. They wet my book. Bastards! One day I will switch the signs showing the deep end from the shallow end and then sit back to relax while the security guards scrape one of them Greg Louganis-wannabees off the bottom of the pool =))

And just now, while walking to my office, this fat Malay kid came hurtling towards me like some obese juggernaut. Head-butted me in the bloody crotch that blind lard-ball. Why? Because he was running towards his equally rotund father who was calling out to him to hurry up. And daddy had the cheek to giggle when he saw junior stumble at my feet. If I had kicked the fleshy football, he would have rolled fairly quickly towards his dad I reckon. Pity I was wearing slippers.

Don't get me wrong. I don't detest kids. Just the badly brought up ones. But who am I to say? I don't have any children to bring up myself. Maybe if I did, they would be just as spoilt and naughty. Although K and me tell ourselves, everytime we come across a badly-behaved ruggamuffin, that as parents, we would have slapped the kid so hard, the Milky Way could be seen without the Hubble Telescope.

Well I can take a few kids at a time, but when they come out in such droves, it just drives me crazy.

I say again, I want to move to Timbuktoo!

36 Comments:

Blogger kona said...

hehehe....exactly why i dun like kids and dun wish to have one of my own...they just drive me nuts!

soooo, moving back into the embrace of the jungle eh?? :P

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

argh kids !!!

8:58 AM  
Blogger kona said...

baaaad combo = school hols + GSS... =S

11:57 AM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

if i do have kids in the future, i nid to procure growth accelerators to warp-speed the time they nid to turn 12 or 13 =))

then again teenagers bring wif them a whole host of new problems...

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha morale of the story ? ...

1:06 PM  
Blogger kona said...

dun have!

that's the conclusion that wifey and me came to...hahaha

2:01 PM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

moral of the story is I have no morals =))

3:07 PM  
Blogger kona said...

erm, wasn't that already evident?

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha anyhow i m in line with you guys' thinking.

3:24 PM  
Blogger kona said...

yet another...no wonder we so gam key

3:27 PM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

wat is gam key? sounds immoral =))

3:42 PM  
Blogger unkster said...

trust me. don't have kids!

LOL

4:50 PM  
Blogger kona said...

alamak, muff...your hokkien so bad meh? i tot i was the only one and even I know gam key....DUH =P

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think i will be joining the ranks of the DINKS. at most if kena arm twisted by parents then have just ONE of those little monsters.

10:21 PM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

nobody, and i say nobody, should ever arm-twist u into having kids. Its a decision that should reside with the both of you, and the both of you alone.

If u choose the DINK path, let it be becos the both of you want to.

12:25 AM  
Blogger unkster said...

i'll dink to that!

1:40 AM  
Blogger kona said...

ditto...the reason(s) for having one of them should always be down to you 2 and not resting upon your parents, teapot...

else you might just end up a resentful parent...and that's not good for both yourself and the kid...

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea...me think so too...gotta b seriously mentally ready n e strong WANT to have a kid..else pls dont...

cant say for sure I wont never ever have a kid but for now nope no kiddos

8:59 AM  
Blogger kona said...

sama sama...for time being, i can barely afford to feed myself and maxine, much less another mouth...yeesh... =))

11:00 AM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

i tink, if it ever comes to pass, I will make a kewl father.

kiddo wun hv the chance to say "my daddy is sooooo yesterday" =))

11:22 AM  
Blogger kona said...

self-praise is no praise =P

1:39 PM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

juz narcissistic ole me =))

12:42 AM  
Blogger kona said...

we know =P

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ever saw a bumper sticker that reads:"If I want to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'll put shoes on my cat."

2:09 PM  
Blogger princesslonglegs said...

kids?! i tink the closest i wil ever get to one is when i pass by the maternity wards now... the bloody baby nursery is sound-proof n i can stil hear the faint screams of the babes... eek

12:00 AM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

kewl bumper sticker! i wan! =))

and jo dats not the babies u hear. dats ur heart shouting when dat cute doctor is making his maternity rounds =))

2:34 AM  
Blogger kona said...

i think we can go make the bumper sticker @ johnson ;) i oso wan...

and jo, bumpity-bump...audi tt! =)

9:35 AM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

on 2nd tots, dowan lah. no nid to obiang-fy ur car wif bumper stickies =))

10:51 AM  
Blogger kona said...

anything lor...just think it's cute... ;)

2:27 PM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

today a kid stomped on my foot! bloody rascal! >(

8:24 PM  
Blogger kona said...

you should've drop-kicked the little menace into next week...

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what if the kid like Suzuka Ohgo stomped on your foot, do you feel otherwise?

3:36 PM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

gd point. who r u anonymous? =P

3:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a friend of yours..

11:24 AM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

hmmm...

5:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home