UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Monkey Suit

The most expensive piece of clothing in my wardrobe is a Hugo Boss suit I paid an arm and a leg for 3 years ago.

And as I have an obscene number of weddings to attend next month, one as an Emcee no less, I tried it on just now to see if it fits.

It doesn't. Shit =/

Not that I thought it would. Hell I've cut about like 6 inches off my waistline, going from a Size 35 to a Size 29. So if I didn't hold the pants up with my fingers, the damn thing would drop to my ankles. I kid you not! The jacket is another matter. I look all ready for a game of American Football.

Well its off to the Boss men later today then. To see if their tailors can salvage my 3500-dollar black pin-striped spacesuit. I'm not so sure though. Little adjustments they can do. But shrinking something down by 3 sizes, errrr, that would be of Saville Row proportions =))

Of course the other way round would be to fatten myself up in time. I have 3 weeks to gorge.

Or I could go out and get myself that sharp and gorgeous Zegna and try to sell the monkey suit to my Size 36 brother.

Decisions, decisions =))

6 Comments:

Blogger kona said...

buy new one lah...how to shrink that much?

i suggest brioni or baldeserini... ;)

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have the exact same problem with my 3 pairs of jeans... loose! not quite as big a gap as you though... sheesh!

10:00 PM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

briono? Baldeserini? sounds like Briyani =)) never heard of them. u sure not obiang? =))

and curls, painful as it may be, buying smaller stuff to fit ur fitter frame is actually a gd thing lah. toss away the big stuff to welcome the newer YOU! =))

btw i spent an hour at the blardy boutique having a woman lament how much material she needs to cut off =))

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yah lah. but i just bought them in june... stupid right? knowing i was going to lose 5kgs and all that..

lol

12:07 AM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

go to a gd tailor and have them scaled down to size lah. have them scale it down to a 32 then u will hv motivation to fit it.

Dun let the jeans fit u, fit the jeans! =))

12:26 AM  
Blogger kona said...

could it be scaled down, muff? that's a lot of material to be cut off leh...

brioni = 007 suits....enuff said ;)
baldersserini = pierce brosnan in the thomas crown affair...enuff said ;)

beauts!

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home