UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

101st Airborne In-fantry-sect

I don't know where I got this crazy idea that your loved ones always come back as moths to look over you after they've passed on.

Moths have been associated with death for ages I reckon.

So eversince my Dad passed away 2.5 years ago and a little brown moth sat on my shoulder as I kept vigil over the casket late one night, I have become alittle bit more than convinced the myth is true. These lepidopterans have been a regular feature of my life since then. And so everytime I see one perched in my apartment or once, even riding along with me in the car, I think its Pops saying he's here.

I am watching over you Sonnyboy...

This afternoon, as I stepped out of the house for work, I caught sight of this beautiful camouflaged olive one at my doorstep. Just now as I was coming through the front door, the little fella was still there, as if saying 'hey, you're back so bring me inside'. And so I did, 'transporting' it in a plastic microwavable container.



It didn't put up much resistance though. Looking at it now, it seems alittle lifeless. Perhaps happily snuggled in tight and contented not to fly away into the night...

P.S. For all you budding Entomologists, this is an Oleander Hawkmoth, Daphnis nerii.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

are u sure it ain't dead?

4:28 PM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

nope as of dis morning still flapping ard...

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home