UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Feverish Feelings

CC's down with a 40-degree fever. And they've warded her for observation.

And when the Sister at the Nurse Station asked me just now who I was since I was stumbling into the hospital at 2330hrs after work, I blurted out Husband. I wonder if she would have let me into the ward if I said Good Friend. The youngish Florence Nightingale would probably have told me to come back in the morning.

Well I contemplated spending the night on the couch in the single-bedder room. But then again, in the morning, a whole deluge of relatives and friends will come a visiting. And then there will be this awkward silence, this aversion of eye-contact, this forced exchange of pleasantries.

So I am here, back home. When really I should be there making sure the ice-pack remains on her forehead. And that she doesn't mummify herself too much so the fever can dissipate.

I suppose later today, it will be another Guerilla visit after hours then. When everyone has gone home.

Sigh. The complexities of friendship after dXXXXXe.

I still can't bring myself to say the word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home