UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

A Dispatch From Siam 3

It costs 200Baht an hour for the Broadband connection they have here at the Baiyoke Boutique hotel in Pratunam, Bangkok. That's about 10 SGD, thereabouts, and yet I am here. Fixing a fix that has to be fixed or else I cannot go to sleep. Its called Internet Addiction.

We spent a lovely day in Ayuthayya today.

With 2nd Class train tickets on the way up and 3rd Class hard seats in a dining car on the way back. 2 hours each trip. And yet I enjoyed the ride. I'm beginning to see myself on trains much more in the coming years. Observing the people getting on and off, gazing out at the countryside, drifting in and out of slumber as the rattling locomotive meanders its way across the countryside. Its a little romantic if you ask me. And somehow, I find myself immersed in my own thoughts and reflections on these trips.

I also rode my first motorbike today. Well we each had a 125cc baby Honda to ourselves for a measly 250 Baht from 11am - 6pm. What a steal. And really, that's the best way to see the ancient Khmer ruins in this old city. You phoot phoot phoot your way from one temple complex to another in quick time, leaving yourself to take a leisurely photo-walk through the Stupas, Chedis, Prangs and Bots. But Ayuthayya is not the Angkor Plain. So really, calibrate your expectations when you arrive here. Don't expect to get the same spine-tingling episode you experience when Angkor Wat first looms into view from the Causeway. The ruins are, how shall I put it, alittle too ruined. But still there are sufficient large bits lying around to make the rickety train ride worth it.

And oh yes, I had a little accident today. Poor inexperienced 'ole me. Revved the throttle with a little too much gusto and had to brake (and fall) to avoid crashing into Kat. Nothing much, a grazed knee and slightly swollen right foot plus torn pants. Sob.

I don't know if we're doing Kanchanaburi later. It'll probably be a day off shopping. I guess...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aiyo better take care leh..no license dont act hero wor..enjoy the holiday...;)

1:58 PM  
Blogger kona said...

bwang can, just dun damage the face...hahahaha ;)

glad to noe you are having fun...

4:14 PM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

thks fellas...i wun be crushed by a Thai lorry juz yet! =)) Touch Wood!

2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home