UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Its Better To Have Loved

As I sit here, reviewing the 40 or so text-message exchanges on my handphone today, I am wondering why people still come to me for advice on relationships.

Am I not cynical enough? Have I not screwed up my own marriage? Do I not give out enough committment-phobic vibes?

And so I try my level best to be objective, but even then, the stark reality that you can never be right or wrong in this game seems to be the ambiguous takeaway. I've given up saying, oh I think he's the wrong guy for you, there's no future in this fella, girl, move on or hey you're making a big mistake, look at me!

I've learnt that you've just got to let yourself fall into the deep pit of infatuation and heady romance, come out the better or worse for it, and then see what happens. Sometimes, you need to follow your heart before you know when it'll call your bluff. Love or Lust? Time will tell. Even if you have a good Poker Face. Its irresponsible yes, when there are spouses, significant others or families involved. But hell, we're blessed (or cursed, depending on how you look at it) with such a powerful and undefinable emotion called L-O-V-E which sometimes fudges the lines of logic and common sense. The right thing to do would be to control it, keep it in when its supposed to be kept hidden, show it off when its time for its magic to work on someone. But unfortunately, we mere mortals are often at its tender but unrelentless mercy. It chooses to be manifested when you least expect it to. This apparent reticence for predictability is to be expected from an emotion some say originates from Divinity or Destiny.

The beautiful thing about love is that it is all around. What would the world be without it? The sad thing is that we always seem to give our love to the 'wrong' people.

This, ironically, is what makes it so special.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger princesslonglegs said...

cast all caution to the wind and just indulge... in the moment of LOVE... yup... for however long it lasts... love has the power of making one believe that this moment is going to be forever, the heart overrules all warnings issued by the head...

but it's a WONDERful WONDERful feeling... no one can stop love... or deny it... i think... no one...

yr post is resounding so much with me, i feel like blogging a spin-off post now kekeke

1:59 AM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

go wif ur heart and blog away my hopeless romantic....

2:05 AM  
Blogger CB said...

eh, so how ah like that?? give love to the wrong person?? die liao!! *smack head* :)

2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home