UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Unkster Uncovered 14 - The Ubin Urbanites

When I stepped off the Bumboat, walked the jetty and arrived on Ubin proper, I was greeted by an Auntie in a sun-hat whom I found largely familiar.

Only after exchanging smiley hellos did I remember she ran a bicycle rental shop down the road. And I thought to myself, wow this really feels like coming home. A villager from this tiny island-community recognises me. Delusions of turning Ubinite from Urbanite I reckon.



We pedalled the length and breadth of the island today. All 4 hours of dusty asphault, Level 2 slopes, photo-stops and lots of coconuts in between. And my favorite Thai temple in the middle of nowhere, Wat Siam, is no more. Its been flattened to make way for the new Ketam mountain-biking trail. I haven't found out where they moved the deities to though. I'm sure the new place is still somewhere on the island.

Well this gives me reason to find it on my next trip. Soon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home