UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Friday, May 23, 2008

Without a source of inspiration, writers are just miserable typists

They say writers are only as good as the inspiration that drives them to write. I have been wondering if that is true. I have had countless false starts over the last few months trying to get back into a writing routine. My head, computer and notebook are peppered with various jottings and ideas about stories or issues or thoughts I want to write about, but I just can't sit down quietly for the required period of time to write something decent. I always manage to find something unimportant to distract myself with.

I think the main underlying issue is the loss (temporary, I hope) of a key source of inspiration. I realize now how much reliance I have had on that inspirational fountain, from which I have drawn my strength from for the last few years. I feel lost without that someone to turn to with my fears and ideas and thoughts and uncertainties. On paper, life is good right now. A new job, a new home. Change is always a good thing, they say. But one missing element can wipe out all the joy and happiness of all the other elements - what does that imply about my future?

She once told me that God, if he exists, gives each one of us different people for different things. She was my gift - her purpose was to inspire and motivate my soul.

Without her, I am miserable inside.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

such melancholy! turn it ard..use it to good effect when u put pen to paper..

6:10 PM  
Blogger JC said...

I know what this is called. It's called losing your mojo.

Suddenly the things you enjoy doing aren't so enjoyable anymore. The inspiration suddenly gone, everything looks mundane.

9:08 PM  
Blogger kona said...

it'll cum back....take it easy eh...

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

under the circumstances, things will just never be quite the same again, i think.

- unkster

12:12 AM  
Blogger JC said...

Forever a wonky willy eh?

5:41 AM  
Blogger kona said...

wakakakaka...wonky willy!!! LOL

things change, bro...that's the nature of life....adapt or perish...not your willy i mean...

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home