UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Monday, November 14, 2005

The Feng Shui Man Said: A Short Story (Chp 4)

The following story is fictional, or not. The characters depicted in the story are also fictional, or not. The events described in the story did happen, or maybe they didn't... I will write it over a period of time... you decide if its true or not..

Click the following for previous chapters:

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3



The Feng Shui Man Said

Chapter 4: The Thong Suei Project


"Thong Suei!", said Michael with a big grin on his face as he eased the green 528i out of the basement parking lot onto Jalan Damansara. "300 bowls a day to break even".

"What the fuck is that?", I asked.

I was tired, after pulling an all nighter at the office. I had to get several projects out of the way before my trip.

"Chinese desserts, my friend," he replied. "That's our new business".

"Who came up with that bullshit? Pek Yee?", I was bewildered. "Seriously, I think she has her head screwed on backwards sometimes."

Pek Yee was the third member of our unlikely business alliance. She used to be the Executive Secretary for the Bishop of Kuala Lumpur. One day, out of the blue, she resigned and went to work for a construction equipment trading firm. She was an accounting genius, and quite savvy it turned out. After just 6 months learning the ropes there, she opened her own place with another partner. Our little business venture was more like a hobby for her. But we needed her brains and accounting expertise, not to mention her bank account. A big fat one used to bankroll these little hobbies of hers.

"Actually, bro, It was my conclusion."

I glared at him.

"Ok, Ok, it was the feng shui analyses. I compared our 3 pieces and this is the only business that is compatible for the 3 of us together", he said. "Unless you want to get into professional mud wrestling."

"Mike!!! You of all people don't really believe in this feng shui shit do you? What a bloody waste of my time. I'm going to ask Pek Yee for my 400 ringgit back. Of all the hair-brained schemes she has come up with, this has to take the cake, or should I say dessert?"

Michael, used to be a priest. A Jesuit. Disillusioned by the whole establishment, he got fed up and left a few years before. He still had a strong belief in his faith. He also had a fetish for air stewardesses. Particularly cute, young ones. We were the best of friends. Some might even say we were soulmates.

"Anyway, I will be gone 3 weeks. I'm sure you can figure something else out during that time. I am not going to give up my job to scoop 300 bowls of red bean shit a night. Melanie will die laughing when I tell her this!"

"Too late. She already incorporated an entity and checked out some retail outlets. We are now proud business partners of a restaurant called "The Thong Suei Project". He tried to supress a giggle but burst out laughing instead.

We were now taking the Nilai exit off the Seremban highway. 10 minutes more and we would be at Sepang airport. I suddenly realized I did not do my usual last minute check for passport and tickets and frantically rummaged through my attaché case.

"So, what do you hope to achieve with this little adventure of yours? Pek Yee thinks your timing stinks. We need to get started on this project before she gets bored. You know here."

The lack of urgency in Michael's voice suggested to me he had gotten one of her pep talks the night before, and was just passing the message.

"Is it a purely shag trip or do you have a real agenda?", he said as we pulled into the departure drop off point.

"I haven't a damn clue bro! But I won't mind a shag. Take care and be good".


Chapter 5

10 Comments:

Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

HMPH! who is dis Mikey fella and why is he ur soulmate??!! :p

10:22 PM  
Blogger unkster said...

i can't believe you're still reading this crap... i'm inspired to write another chapter...

10:51 PM  
Blogger ePing Chen said...

more more more! *lol*

10:58 PM  
Blogger princesslonglegs said...

i am stil reading! keep it up babyfaced-unker, i like the local flavor...

11:45 AM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

chap 5, hopefully will ditch the soulmate crap for some playmates! :))

1:18 PM  
Blogger kona said...

please do.....36DD preferable please :))

10:24 PM  
Blogger ePing Chen said...

anything more then a handful is a waste. *lol

12:24 AM  
Blogger princesslonglegs said...

kona - u go find a cow la... wah piangz

10:05 AM  
Blogger kona said...

i meant quality and not quantity lah, BS :P

1:27 PM  
Blogger unkster said...

dear faithful (boliao) readership, sorry i have kept you waiting for chapter five, unfortunately work has been crazy.. and getting crazier... please hold on and the sexcitment will continue shortly...

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home