UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Sunday, January 15, 2006

The Feng Shui Man Said: A Short Story (Chp 5)

The following story is fictional, or not. The characters depicted in the story are also fictional, or not. The events described in the story did happen, or maybe they didn't... I will write it over a period of time... you decide if its true or not..

Click the following for previous chapters:

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

The Feng Shui Man Said

Chapter 5: Joshua


"Last night was fantastic!" Melanie said softly as I drove out onto Market Street in downtown Cardiff. "The last time I had 6 in a row was.... well, you know, you were there"

She put her hand on my left thigh. I reached down to hold it and we drove along in silence.

10 minutes later she gestured towards the entrance to a parking lot. My mind was a thousand miles away, with a million different things passing through my thoughts. It took me several minutes before I realized we were now at the Cardiff Skating Arena.

“I feel like going for a skate”, she said with a gleeful glint in her eyes. “Remember when we came here last?

I nodded. I remembered it all right. It was my first and last time in an ice-skating rink. I fell so badly I was limping for the rest of my trip. That was 8 years before. I never did take it up in all those years. But it was what Melanie wanted to do, so I decided to give it a go.

The words of the Feng Shui master were ringing loudly in my head as I stepped gingerly out onto the rink. Melanie who had been helping me wobble over the rows of benches as we headed towards to little blue door which would give us access to the rink gave me a little shove and then giggled as she sped off onto the ice. I rolled out towards the middle of the rink on the strength of her push. I had no idea how to stop, or speed up. I didn’t see the little girl zooming towards me from the left. The last thing I remembered hearing was the loud crack of my mobile phone breaking into a million tiny pieces as I fell and landed ackwardly, on my butt, then falling backwards and knocking my head on the ice. The phone was in my back pocket, on the side of my butt which bore the full brunt of my weight.

When I woke up, it was dark. I didn’t recognize the room I was in. It looked like a living room, but I couldn’t be sure. It was definitely not Melanie’s house. I tried to stand up, but the pain in my head was making it hard.


I heard a door opening. It was Melanie.

“Where am I?” I asked. The pain was slowing going away. “Whose house is this?”

“Its mine. We are in Carmathen”. There was a seriousness to her tone of voice that made me feel nervous.

“Come in pumpkin”, she called out.

A boy with short, curly hair entered the room. He must have been 8 or 9 years old. He was good looking, and looked like he was of mixed parentage.

“This is Joshua”, she said. “He is my son”.


Chapter 6

5 Comments:

Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

oooooo, finally! 1st para only make me tingly :))

8:19 AM  
Blogger ePing Chen said...

ai yah yah... *lol*

9:04 PM  
Blogger kona said...

more more more!!!! LOL

9:13 AM  
Blogger princesslonglegs said...

unker! nice and so cliffhanger wan! wah lau! longer longer prease!

12:48 PM  
Blogger kona said...

could it be that.....oh my!!! :O

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home