UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Has 2005 Past Me By Oredi?...

Goodness, everyone I know is feeling so nostalgic since its like 3 hours to go before 2006 dawns upon us. And where am I? In office sitting infront of my computers, still struggling with emails and staff appraisal reports. To my frens who are catching the fireworks at Marina South, "You never see synchronised explosive bursts before ah? What's the big fat hairy deal?". The grapes are souring nicely thanks :))

I can't say 2005 has been a very eventful year. In fact, it has past me by so fast I'm left wondering just what I have been doing with my life. I suspect not very much! :))

Anyway nowadays its so unglam to make New Year resolutions. Everybody says they don't stick to their resolutions anyway. Neither have I. Just the other day someone was trying to explain to me the difference between a goal and a resolution. Who the hell cares! :))

Bur hor, since this is a BLOG and peeper have told me that they get to know me that much better online when I'm not spewing rubbish in person, I shall just say a few words of what I would hope to see happen for myself in 2006, seriously and simply...

1. I hope to make the Missus happier in 2006. In our busy and independent lives, it would be nice to chill out together and just spend more time listening to each other and really communicating. And yes, I should talk less :))

2. I hope to be a better leader, mentor and friend to my staff and officers. Starting with walking the talk and taking a more holistic approach in tackling their emotional/family/financial concerns as well outside of work.

3. I hope to travel a little more on leisure than I did in 2005.

4. And for the Metro in me, I want to finally have a 6-pack by June 2006 :P God Help Me! Ok at least 4-pack, if not 2 :))

So there! HAPPY NEW YEAR everybardy! :o

8 Comments:

Blogger kona said...

ello muff...u sour grape ape (hey it rhymes...hahaha)...i was at marina south ;) and it was fantastic albeit frickin' hot, sweaty and the lot...must say it was difficult to take the pix siah...

have a fantastic new year ahead...









and you tokking less??? :O that's like anthony bourdain swearing off fagging :P wakakakaka

8:50 AM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

I do have my quiet moments, rare as those may be :))

10:16 AM  
Blogger princesslonglegs said...

u damn confusing, is it 6 pack or 4 or 2? :))

1:36 PM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

its all abt maths and probability. i aim for 10 will get 6. aim for 6 will get 2. ..aim for 4 will get zilch :))

dun tok so much lah, if have u will be the 1st to see (after wifey and....) :))

5:22 PM  
Blogger unkster said...

muffy... i have a six pack... but its hidden by the blubber... maybe we should gym together...

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy new year unker muff. u can get your six pack from the supermarket!

10:45 PM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

unker curly, if i gym together wif u, we will end up at Thasevi's and down a murtabak each :))

and teapot, u better dun make fun of me. now u r working, not much time to run and burn. i wan to see u in 3 mths time and watch how ur blardy tumtum has grown frm bad to worst :)) And yes Happy New Year! :))

11:06 PM  
Blogger kona said...

growing tum tum...wakakakakaka...

i wish i could have to time to gym seriously...not just occasionally....hard to do a proper routine cos i get home so darned late...

sigh...looks like atkins it is then... :S

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home