UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Sunday, September 10, 2006

9 + 11 = 33 - 13

I turn 33 tommorrow.

Scary. How time flies.

No big deal really. More so when you have to share your birthday with the anniversary of the single most horrific act of terror the world has seen in a long time. Spoils the mood somewhat I guess but the tragedy sobers you up a little. This world needs more Love, period.

Well unlike some people, I am not ridiculously upset about turning a year older. At least I think so. If there is any cause for sombre reflection, it would be how I can think and act more like a 33 year-old. Because sometimes I feel like I have the maturity of a 43 year-old but choose to display the mental faculties of someone 13 years young =))

An unconscious attempt to turn back the hands of time perhaps. I don't know.

Should I be miffed that a little kid calls me 'uncle' instead of 'kor kor'? Who am I bluffing? Most of my peers have chewren who can mouth the word 'Daddy'.

Welcome to Uncle-dom Mister! =))

So here's my Birthday wish. A simple one. To manifest the wisdom of someone way beyond my years, and yet maintain the health, fitness and youthful vigor of someone a decade behind. With a huge dollop of humor thrown in for good measure of course.

I'll tell you next 9-11 if the growing up has been successful ;)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy bday in advance unker muff!

12:13 PM  
Blogger kona said...

good morning and happy bday bro....another year older, hopefully another year wiser eh?

cheers! *wave*

9:25 AM  
Blogger princesslonglegs said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! STAY FUNKY ALWEZ!
:))

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we are expecting a class a write up of the birthday celebrations. please do not spare the graphic details!

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday muffs...

9:51 AM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

thanks babes! =))

1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home