UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Can't Fight The Feeling

That famous saying, it is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all keeps banging around in my head as i struggle to deal with certain feelings rising to the surface, brought about by a brief chat with a very good friend i used to go to university with.

She will be moving to Australia shortly, with her husband and 2 children. While packing for her trip she came across a gift i had given her - a book of poems by Wordsworth. She said finding that brought back lots of memories of the good old days; and hearing her relate this to me brought on a rush of old memories, emotions and feelings of all sorts. (no guys, she wasn't a fling I had, although i think FM might fancy her, based on her bone structure!)

Anyway, I can't fight the feeling. Sometimes I hold on to the past too much I think. Here's a little tune that is one of my favourites. I could listen to this over and over and over again.

A Toast to the past that makes us who we are today so we can make it through the future.

Song: I Can't Fight This Feeling - REO Speedwagon

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger kona said...

well you can still keep in touch altho you won't be able to see her face...people move on lor...

my ex GF's in oz with her hubby too...but i lost her number...sheesh...

almost 6 years together =S

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home