UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Sunday, September 14, 2008

MaMa Mia!

Today, I had reason to go MamaMia!, twice.

In quick succession.

Firstly, over dinner with my Mother at my Granny's where my Aunties whipped up a somewhat belated Birthday dinner for me, I found out that The Woman (not Amah or any of my Aged Aunts obviously) has been dating! Mummy didn't tell me herself though. It was only after she hurriedly excused herself from dessert and scooted off, uncharacteristically early, that my 'Spies' (Amah and my Aged Aunts obviously) informed me. I nearly choked on my Orr Nee.

And as I write this, on the bed of a sleeping friend with whom I am bunking in over for the night, the thought of Mummy having someone else Special in her life ironically scandalizes the flyingmuffyn out of me. I think I need the next week or so to gather my thoughts and let it all sink in. MamaMia!, it will be a cold day in Hell before I call someone else Dad!

On a another Motherly note, we went to catch MamaMia! The Movie after makan. And boy was it a welcomed distraction from the stunning revelation that was dinner. The show is a silver-screen adaption of the hit 2001 Broadway Musical of the same name that has a storyline wrapped around ABBA songs. And this time, Director Phyllida Lloyd has lined up a star-studded cast headed by veterans Meryl Streep, Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth and immensely watchable newbies Amanda Seyfried and Dominic Cooper.



I'll leave you guys to go google the plot (nothing high-brow and super sweet) but I must say that apart from the subtitled lyrics coming on whenever the songs started to be sung, like Karaoke, and having Mr Pierce 'Remington Steele' Brosnan croak like a toad going through tonsil therapy whilst singing in his real voice, MamaMia! turned on the Camp-factor so high it was so fun.

So I end this, a tale of 2 MamaMia's.

One of Swedish Nostalgia. The other of near Hysteria.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger kona said...

amanda seyfried ain't no newbie, bud....you'd know if you watched VERONICA MARS ;)

i've gotta catch this one... :)

1:41 PM  
Blogger JC said...

I must say... your best written posts come at times like these. LOL!

8:15 PM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

Dancing Queeeeeeeeen...feel the beat of the Tambourineeeeeeeeeeeeeee =))

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home