UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Friday, June 02, 2006

Change

A brick wall.

That's what K has been calling me for years. Someone so stubborn that once I've made up my mind, you'll need a Russian Tank to blow a hole through me to get past that thick skull.

Today, my boss sat me down, bought me a cup of coffee, and had this conspiratorial grin on his face that said 'I've got something to get off my not-so-hairy chest'. Not a good sign. Although I really should not be reading too much into that stupid smirk because I think its a hereditary facial feature of that mangy mien of his.

But I digress.

Well he basically said the same thing. Along the lines of the brick wall that is. Not that I didn't see this coming. He hates my guts. Just 2 weeks ago he threw a fit when he discovered that someone he had tasked to do something actually consulted me before proceeding.

"Why da hell did you have to ask him for?" I was told he said, "He's sure to say no, no, no, cannot, cannot, cannot".

You see boss-man here wants to be that Russian Tank.

But I am grateful the 'tank' decided to go with the soft approach today, with the coffee, smirk and everything. And so he tells me that I really shouldn't be so resistant to change. That he expects me, at my level, to be the one that decides on and makes the changes, not merely executing them.

I was beginning to feel touched and convinced until he launched into a 10-minute soliloquy on Moral Courage. And how he had lots and I had but tiny-tots. You could just hear his ego inflating the way u do the bald tyres on your dirty bicycle with that old creaky step-on pump.

A part of me felt sick. Another part of me walked out of the room thinking, hey, am I really that donkey-ish?

10 Comments:

Blogger kona said...

NAHHHHHHHHH, how could that be? YOU?? donkeyish?????? NNNNAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! heaven forbid.... *cross fingers behind my back* =P














ape, maybe...bwahahahaha =))

9:32 AM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

it takes a big mule to admit he's a donkey =))

10:46 AM  
Blogger kona said...

you ah, just an ass lah...heehee =P

2:25 PM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

today i tried to be less stubborn. wif 'disastrous' consequences

8:27 PM  
Blogger kona said...

wat happened?

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do ppl born in the year of ox more headstrong? :|

10:22 AM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

perhaps. i noe quite a few oxen and..erm..only 1 other is as bad =))

1:39 PM  
Blogger kona said...

u cowdung lah... =P

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

there's an old tale says ppl who born in the year of ox shld eat less beef, wonder how true can it be? :|

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home