UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Saturday, November 11, 2006

DownUnder DingDongs 3

Frankly, caves give me the creeps nowadays.

That's because I dislocated my shoulder in one while caving in Margaret River just last year. But we didn't regret the relatively short but slithery 75km drive-up to Jenolan Caves this afternoon. Quite pretty. I mean we've been to caves before but we thought Jenolan was one of the better ones.



Because its quite the tourist puller, Jenolan has nice concrete stairways that even the slow and old can navigate. None of the crawling around in overalls and helmet like what I had to do the last time.


I shan't bore you with the limestone details but Stalagmites grow upwards and Stalactites, downwards from the ceiling of the cave.




Some Calcite crystal that glows in the dark when you shine a torch through. I wasn't paying attention to the guide when he was explaining the difference between Limestone and Calcite =)) Pity its not green or we could pretend it was Krptonite.


Oh yeah and if you guys wanna go, bring a pullover cos its cold in there. And I mean cold.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice pix! i wanna get a dslr too!

10:45 PM  
Blogger kona said...

been in before, mate....yes it was cold and it gave me a bit of the heebie jeebies...dun quite like enclosed places...

7:41 AM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

i had to use f 1/8 in the dark caves. very tuff on the wrist keeping the hands steady cos technically without tripod or monopod, longest shutter speed is about 1/15

8:08 PM  
Blogger kona said...

well done wor :D

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home