UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

My Belated New Year Resolutions (or Goals, Wadever!)

Yes I know. 3 days late. But better late than never no? =P

At 33, I need time to think. And the Christmas turkey and egg-nog have to be digested before the blood can flow against the pull of gravity from the intestinal cavity to the brain again.

1st Goal - To spend less and save more. And by that I resolve to have at least 3 home-cooked meals a week and save the restaurant thingy to weekends and special occasions. Also to wear my shoes for at least 6 months before buying another pair on a frivolous impulse. Ditto for clothes.

2nd Goal - To spend less time in the gym and more time on the track/road. And by that I resolve to run at least 3 times a week to really build on my aerobic capacity.

3rd Goal - To smoke only after meals and when I am out drinking with the boys (coffee included =P). I want to say 'quit' but shall refrain from making good-to-hear, motherhood statements. And by that I resolve to wear a nicotine patch if neccessary.

4th Goal - To be the good husband I hardly ever was. And by that I resolve to worship myself less, to listen and count from 1-20 before shooting my mouth off and to love and cherish, not only in times of panic when you realize who could lose someone so dear forever.

5th Goal - To review these 4 Goals in mid 2007. And by that I resolve to kick myself in the groin if not enough progress is made by 30th June =))

So there! God (or any other benevolent diety) help me.

7 Comments:

Blogger kona said...

i help u kick, can? LOL

re shoes, i very much doubt it =P

8:29 AM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

dun b a wet blanket u goaless buffoon.

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i remind you to review in jun07....;)

in case u need a helping leg....i also can offer haha

1:42 PM  
Blogger princesslonglegs said...

firstly... eggnog? ewww!

next, great goals... seems like u have planned out. happy esp to see no. 4! mayb i shd adopt the counting to 10 method... yea i think i shd!

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i guess the frequency of kopi nights will increase...

- unks

1:55 PM  
Blogger kona said...

yadda yadda yadda....but seriously, go fer it! you have my support...

6:03 PM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

thks all. I will survive!!! =))

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home