UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Saturday, June 23, 2007

ALCs.Anonymous

Ok I confess.

The past 2 months, I have been drinking alcohol at home. After hours. When the world has gone to sleep. A Whisky Dry here. A Stella Artois there. Even Absolut in my Orange Juice. For starters, no worries about Drink Driving and whether that miserly bartender put in only half a peg of the good stuff into your glass overflowing with ice and mixer.

I went grocery shopping just now. And it suddenly hit me that my trolley was filled with beverages. No fruits and veggies or meats and fish. Instead, a 6-pack of Schweppes Extra-Dry Tonic Water for the Bombay Sapphire. Some Lime Coke because I intend to finish that 3/4 bottle of Jim Beam still lying on the shelf. 4 litres of OJ and 8 cans of Redbull for the 3 bottles of Vodka left (I had 6 at one point). And a carton of Soda Water..errr..on standby.

The Chivas and Southern Comfort I take on the rocks. I haven't yet progressed to the Single Malt Scotch-es. Too expensive.

Strangely my collection of wine has been left untouched. Vino must be enjoyed with good company. Not to be gulped down alone infront of the telly.

I spent half an hour re-reorganising my fridge just now. Packing the different cans and brands in a systematic way. Much like library books. By far the hardest to stuff were the 8 bottles of Perrier Lemon and the 4 bulky cartons of Florida All-Natural OJ. Because standing shoulder-to-shoulder on the bottom shelves (and veggie compartment) are the Hoegaardens, Heinekens, Stellas and 2 bottles of Erdinger Darks left over from last year's Oktoberfest.

But, and that is a big BUT, I am almost always sober. Nope, no waking up late for work with a spliting headache and staggering into office in a half druken stupor. Maybe that's because I wake up at 11am most days =))

Next week, I am making Sangria! Hic!

Should I be worried?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

woa... cool down!

3:10 PM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

its a phase lah

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home