UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Thursday, August 16, 2007

What are the importants..

I was lying on my bed 2 nights ago, tossing and turning.
Thinking where the hell I left my beautiful LOJEL laptop bag stuffed with important document and the R50e..

It was, after a delightful night out with Pearlz, having braised Red Snapper fishhead at the Temporary Chinatown Hawker Centre and strolling along the Singapore river, hand in hand, at Clarke Quay.
I didn't enjoy the scenery as much as spending some quality time with my Pearlz.
Talking about what to look forward to and where are we going for holidays etc.

My usual cynical outlook, blend so well with her sense of pragmatism.
Our conversation meanders like the river churning with tourists and diners.
As the lights and sounds of the countless eatery and bars there threatens to drown out my senses, a quick sniff of her scent and her soft touch, send a wave of peace through me.
The more we walked, the more I realise it is not where we that is important.
It is the fact that Pearlz is next to me.
Like Pearlz had told me, even the most placid and beautiful mountain lake in NZ, was less when I was not there to share the moment with her.
My usual counter, as always,is that, "I there with you, not to share the scene, but to make sure you are safe and happy."
I am content, I am happy, I just wish I can do more for her.
To make her a happier person.

Coming back to my sleepless night, Pearlz's careful and detailed run-through, over the phone, to assist me in tracing where I could left my bag was very reassuring.
Most likely I had left it behind in one of my company's offices I had visited.
Indeed, after fighting my way through peak hour traffic, I find my bag sitting exactly where I had left it, looking a tad sheepishly at me.
What a relief!
I don't know why am I so forgetful these days. Maybe it is my lifestyle, or onset of aging.

I am still grappling with what are the most important things in my life..at least I know who sits in the No.1 position.

4 Comments:

Blogger kona said...

it's alzheimer's lah...wakakakaka LOL

5:07 PM  
Blogger princesslonglegs said...

that coming from a cynic, is really really sweet... it's always to feel u've got certain things figured out, isnt it? :)

12:59 AM  
Blogger CB said...

as long as her performance doesn't drop..kekeke

10:39 AM  
Blogger kona said...

there is no 2 ways about it...either she is...or she's not...it should never be dependent on "performance" *eyes rolling*

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home