UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Pen-ny For My Thoughts

Earlier this evening, my guys and gals bought me my farewell dinner at the clubhouse restaurant.

For 3 years, I was the chief simian leading a team of nearly 200 monkeys. And now, it seems like only yesterday when I entered the jungle. Hoping to leave some sort of legacy and change for the better.

I can't say I've done a fantastic job. In fact, I don't think I even lived up to the potential I know I am capable of. Along the way, I got distracted. Very distracted. And as a result, impatiently fouled tempered.

But as I sit here, reading the writings from the boys and girls in the big Goodbye Card that came with the pressie, I can see that at least I've done some things right.

Thanks for the nice pen people. It even has my name engraved on the cap.

You know what, everytime I use it to sign off that report or ink that memo, I'll remember that everyone has touched my life in a certain way as much as I've touched yours.

However small.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home