UnkFM Is Playing : Love Story - Taylor Swift

unkster

Where Unkers over 30 sip Lavazzas, rave about Alfas and reminisce lost but not forgotten SoulmateS...

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Unkers@TheMovies - MI:3 (Possibly My Last Mission, ever)


MI:3. Well, well, well, what can I say. How about, I didn't like it =))

Dissappointing, to say the least. Bordering on the ridiculous, more like it.

I mean, it says alot for a wham-bam-shebang kinda flick when K and me walked out of the cinema and found the pace draggy. Mebbe we were just sleepy =))

Anyway I don't mean to be an arse and spoil the show for all you Ethan Hunt groupies but I wanna bitch, can?

When Director JJ Abrams did this 3rd instalment, he took the III in Mission Impossible III seriously and built in 3 impossible missions into the plot. 3 too many really. Considering the 1st two failed and the 3rd mission-finale was more unbelievable in its execution than telling me my PM is gay.

Someone explain to me why the more I look at Tom Cruise, the more I think he's a Martian in disguise. I suppose it has got to do with all that Scientology wierd-ass shit he's been propagating. Its either that or I have never, for all the goodness in me, forgiven him for leaving the gorgeous Ms Kidman for the pudgy Ms Holmes (ok she's not pudgy but I am bitching remember). Of all the 3 instalments, he is the most tortured in this one. Why? All because of a girl (Michelle Monaghan who looks like she's perpetually in braces but pretty lah nonetheless). So believe the age-old adage when they say that women are trouble =))

The babelicious Keri Russell, who plays Tom's ex-trainee and protege Agent Lindsay Fariss appears for all of 15mins. Bloodied and bruised I may add. And she dies horribly. What a waste of babe-matter. Tsk Tsk!

Speaking of babes, sinewy sex-pot Maggie Q is to Agent Ethan Hunt's crack squad, what Park Ji-Sung is to Manchester United. The token Asian 'celebrity' put in primarily to ring in the Asian dollars. She only has one line of note throughout the entire movie, and even then, she's praying for Hunt's safe return in Cantonese and explaining in Queen's English thereafter that it is actually a prayer she used to say for her lost cat =)) I gagged.

Laurence Fishburne, who plays Hunt's Director Brassell, is fat. Period. He looks like a Rwandan Gorilla =))

For the 1st time, I realised that Hunt and gang belong to this organisation called the IMF. To me the IMF means International Monetary Fund lah and so I was horrified to learn that IMF actually stands for Impossible Missions Force in the movie. It was so corny I wanted to cry =)) Whatever the case, the IMF must be more powerful than the secret armies of the CIA because their agents fly anywhere in the world at short notice to create havoc, they beat MI6's Bond hands down when it comes to having a licence(s) to kill, seem to have an endless supply of money, resources and high-tech wizardry, plus the unquestionable endorsement of the US Senate to boot. Fearsome for something so corny.

Almost every 'Save The World' flick has something the bad guys have that can destroy our planet that the good guys want. Here, that something is called the Rabbit's Foot, an evil vial of yellow, urine-looking liquid, procured by the new bad guys of Hollywood cinema, the Chinese Communists. Shanghai Surprise? Hardly. What it does, even Mr Hunt does not know at the end of the movie. Does he care? Nope. He's only looking forward to some 'quality' time with the Missus (geddit? =P) after saving the world (and her) =))

I could go on but I am sleepy. So I shall end by saying that the only saving grace of the whole bullet-ridden circus was seeing Ms Q in her little red dress zooming around in an orange Lambo Gallardo.

Women may be trouble but they're sure Hot as hell =))

7 Comments:

Blogger unkster said...

OI! next time put spoiler warning can??? 'Wanna bitch' is not a spoiler warning!!!

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope, never in my mind to catch this ;p

9:44 AM  
Blogger kona said...

die die oso will watch if just to catch darling keri in her 15 minutes and also for the Q-gal =)

anyways, will be going on 27th may....cheapo tix...5 ber a pax...some promo :) at least not so jialat...

2:15 PM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

curls! =P

yes den i noe, not arty-farty enuff for u =))

kona, i shan't tell u how Agent Fariss died. suffice to say, Not Pretty =))

10:37 PM  
Blogger kona said...

oh well, wat to do....think i better not noe for time being....watch the movie better ;)

8:57 AM  
Blogger FlyingMuffyn said...

27th then u watch? war over liao. no wunder 5 bucks =))

everybody will b toking abt The Da Vinci Code by then =))

2:52 PM  
Blogger kona said...

wat to do....peaches arranging arma ;) she's the one with the lobang (oops did that come out wrong???)

have a feeling i would have watched DVC before 27th...hahaha...

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home